Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Kim Jong, Bill, and Spicy Beef

It's 3:26 on a Wednesday, and I am hungry. I can't blame this on an early lunch, or lack of a slim jim, or even the thought of the stale oreos in my cabinet. No, only one thing is to blame for this stomach grumbling:

Bill Clinton.

Yes, Bill. Bill is making me starving. For the first time in years, he is the front story on every single major news outlet. Bill: You are so back. Who needs
chubby sexy interns when you can save young, hot reporters from the perils of Kim Jong Il... and your wife can't even get mad? Wait. Who are we kidding. She probably got mad anyway.

Hillary: Dammit, Bill. What is this, a new Asian fetish?
Bill: Honey, I was just--
Hillary: Stop talking. I get to rescue Americans abroad. SECRETARY OF STATE. THAT'S ME.
Bill: Secretary, huh? Hey, let's roll with this. You wanna be my little secretary?
Hillary: You're an asshole.

At any rate, I can't escape Bill and his Daring Rescue Of Darling Reporters. And more importantly, I cant get the tantalizing thought of Korean BBQ out of my head. Unfortunately, Chicago's KoreaTown is miles away from the office. Fortunately for me, there is a delictible little place just a stone's throw from the loop. Oh-so-wittily called Korean Seoulfood Cafe, this joint is perfect for a lunch of BBQ and kimchi (Korean side-dish, usually picked vegetables such as cabbage). Like most of Bill's women, it's cheap and a tad spicy. And, uilike Bill, you don't have to eat it in the back of an Arkansas state trooper squad car.

How do you say Bon Appetit in Korean?!

No comments: